Water, Power, Gas Utilities


Please confirm which utilities you are responsible for, then determine what service provider you will be using. See below for utilities contact information.


An ongoing problem exists with utility companies over Agreements and billing information. Owners must ensure they have signed contracts with all utility companies for a Landlord Agreement (electricity) and a Premise Vacancy Agreement (gas).

Agreements must be in the owner’s name, giving Hearthstone Property Management Inc. the authority to make inquiries or manipulate the accounts. The bills can be mailed to Hearthstone if you prefer.
List contact names as: Tom Bradford or Jane Little.

It is critical that you send us an e-mail confirming that you have these agreements correctly in place. This process will avoid most utility disconnections which can cause freeze-ups and additional costs.  Please print your name clearly on all forms and add “c/o Hearthstone.”

After you have sent the required paperwork to the proper utility company, please send us a copy for our records. You can fax it to 403-314-0076 or email it to info@hpman.ca. Please include your name and the address of the property.


For electricity in Red Deer:
Enmax: 310-2010
Fax: 403-291-3941
Toll Free: 1-866-933-6629

In smaller municipalities such as Sylvan Lake, Blackfalds, Lacombe, Innisfail and all rural areas:
Epcor: 310-4300
Fax: 310-4295
Out of Alberta: 1-800-667-2345

For gas services in all areas you can contact Direct Energy Regulated Services.
FAX: 1-877-420-3777
Out of Alberta: 780-428-7028

For water, waste water, recycling, and garbage.
City of Red Deer: 403-342-8203 or visit reddeer.ca